Make These “Energy Explosion” Almond Bars – They’re Delicious!
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 Food processor or small blender
- 1 Oven
- 1 sheet of tin foil to line the baking sheet
- 1 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups Almond butter
- 2 cup Chopped almonds
- 1/2 cups Raisins (preferred dried fruit)
- 1 1/2 cups Sunflower seeds
- Using a non-stick solution such as butter, olive-oil or any variety of non-stick spray, line the baking sheet or tin foil layer over the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit / 150 degrees Celsius.
- With a spatula mix together in a large bowl: the honey, vanilla, almond meal, almonds butter, energy boost formula and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, start to slowly add the chopped almonds, sunflower seeds and raisins or dried fruit of your choice while continuing to mix.
- Once the mixture is in place, empty the mixed contents of the bowl onto the baking sheet and firmly press it into an even layer. It is important to pack it as tight as possible so as to help it retain a firmness that helps it keep it’s shaped after it is baked. To accomplish this, you could use a knead or another baking sheet to press over the top, taking care that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of whichever object you use.
- Next we will simply pop the mixture into the oven and wait for twenty minutes or until ready.
- Take the mixture out of the oven and let it rest for at least one hour. Once it has cooled and rested, put the tray into the refrigerator and allow it to chill for an additional minimum of one hour.
- After the hour has passed, you can then take the chilled mixture out of the refrigerator and cut it into evenly portioned bar shapes. Each bar may now be wrapped in plastic.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!